About General Matters
1. I agree to be bound by the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Australian Institute of Professional Photography (AIPP) and to abide
by the regulations and guidelines of the AIPP as set down from time to time.
2. I will abide by this Code of Ethics of the AIPP and recognise the authority of the AIPP Ethics committee in all matters relating to interpretation and enforcement of this code.
3. I shall at all times present myself, my photography and photographic services, in such a manner as will uphold and dignify my professional status
and the reputation of the Institute.
4. I will deal with all users of photography and the public with honesty and integrity. I shall exercise all reasonable skill, care and diligence in the discharge of my duties, giving full consideration to the requirements of the client.
5. I will not use any marketing or competitive practice, which violates any Federal or State statute or any decision of a Federal or State Court.
6. I shall ensure that advertisements and other public announcements with which my name is associated are not such as would, in the opinion of the Board, bring the Institute into disrepute. I shall ensure that all advertisements or public announcements mentioned comply with the guidelines issued from time to time by the Board.
7. I shall ensure that in conjunction with my name only such designatory letters or other descriptions to which I am entitled are used. (Only businesses in which all employees are Members of the AIPP may use “Members of the AIPP” after the business name.)
Matters dealing with the Market
8. I will, if engaged in the fields of Wedding and/or Portrait Photography (shall) allow the client three working days after the placement of an order, or the signing of a contract during which time the client may change without penalty the extent of such order or contract.
9. I will not utilise any high pressure selling tactics to book clients or to influence clients to place orders.
10. I will reveal all the material facts, avoid concealment of information and refrain from the use of innuendoes in advertising and selling that might cause consumers to be misled, so that the truth about services or products may be fully understood. I will provide a complete and comprehensive written price list outlining my services and products prior to undertaking any photographic assignment.
11. I will fulfil all contractual obligations, offer reasonable warranty of products and services, and perform on such warranty without hesitation, where claims are justified.
12. I will advertise and sell the merits of my services and products honestly and undertake only assignments, which my firm or I can reasonably expect to complete with professional competence.
13. I will refer the client to another suitably qualified and ethical photographer who can best fulfil the clients needs if I cannot perform the task in a professional manner.
14. I will not commit any acts, which will discredit the profession, and I will refrain from degrading competitors.
15. I will not concurrently engage in any business or occupation, which impairs my rendering of professional image making services.
16. I shall not offer or accept a photograph for reproduction or accept a reproduction fee in respect of any photograph of which I do not own the copyright, without the permission of the owner of such copyright.
17. I will refund all monies in cases of genuine client hardship and within the period of 6 months before the date of a booking. A small administration fee may be retained to cover expenses.
18. I will ensure that any matter referring to copyright is underlined on contracts and printed in bold type in any new contracts. That reasonable usage rights for the studio be contractually established at the time of the original contract, and that these extend to an agreed level of promotion for the studio, including entry into professional competitions and exhibitions.
19. I acknowledge that every customer entering a contract with an AIPP member is entitled to receive a copy of the Code of Ethics.
20. I will ensure that all wedding photography transactions, including the production of album, do not take more than 3 months from the date of order, or a delivery date be agreed at contract stage.
Matters dealing with other Members
21. In whatever capacity I am engaged I shall act in a just and faithful manner towards clients, employers, and employees and towards others with which my work is connected and towards other members.
22. I will not divulge any confidential information acquired by me during the course of my professional duties to any other person, firm or company.
23. If I wilfully or knowingly condone or am party to any act of any partners of mine or other principals of my firm or company, which shall be in contravention of this code, I shall be equally responsible as if I have committed such breach.
24. I will be responsible for the conduct and quality output of my employees, whether full or part time, casual or on contract.
Matters relating to Education
25. I will support the efforts for and assist in the education of all interested persons and the general public in the art and science of professional photography.
26. I will strive at all times to upgrade and improve my knowledge and skill in the profession of photography and related areas.
NOTE: In this document the words importing the singular number only shall include the plural number and vice versa. Words importing the masculine
gender only shall include the feminine gender.